Tips and Tricks for Working Quickly in Real Estate Photo Editing
Time is of the essence. Ask around anywhere and it will be almost impossible to find someone who throws time away as if it were peanuts. Real estate image editing relies on a lot of timeliness. This is because the competition is fierce, opportunity costs swoop by, and profit to operate the business is crucial. There will be times where you, as a photographer rendering service for real estate image editing, will have experienced being followed up. In other occasions, you may have experienced getting projects with extremely tight deadlines that you always find yourself squeaking past the due date. Well, these are not rarities. In fact, most projects would love to have their photos delivered to them in short notices because people are constantly looking at properties and missing out on a potential buyer could mean opportunity losses in hundreds of thousands of even millions.
Table of Contents
Realizing this reality, along with a conscious effort to constantly up your game in real estate image editing will have its returns in ways you could have never imagined. These tips for working quickly through real estate image editing can spell more clients, bigger business, and a positive reputation to name a few. Hence, make your way through these tips for working quickly to realize how you can improve your overall working process, save time, and earn more.
Improving Your Tools of the Trade
As some people would abbreviate it, the T.O.T or tools of trade play a significant role in delivering your work in the soonest time possible without compromising quality. Tools of trade refer to the equipment that enables you to perform your duty in photography and real estate photo editing. Perhaps getting an upgrade will aid you in the form of automation, ease-of-use, and convenience.
- Camera – As others might point out, it is in the person and not in the equipment that most shots are captured to perfection. This is true and in real estate image editing, such artistry will get you the quality of photos you need. What needs to be emphasized though, are the ability of cameras to provide faster processes. It could be the technology in which you import photos, or the speed the camera responds. These trivial things will sum up and eventually form a huge wave that impacts the way you capture photos.
- Computer – Upgrading your laptop or desktop could be key in achieving faster work being done. In these tips for working quickly, we focus on the ability of your computer to respond to what you need it to do. For instance, picking out a computer that supports multitasking could be manifested in the ‘Random Access Memory’ or RAM specifications. If you require real estate image editing in batches or several applications running at the same time, this is your key to achieving that.
Investing in Better Software
The 2nd phase for most real estate image editing happens in post-processing. Colors are made heavier, lights are spread evenly, retouching is done to clean the image up, and so forth. Our tips for working quickly through this stage of real estate image editing is three-fold. First is being able to find a software that lives up to your standards of enhancement. Second is feeling comfortable with the user interface, allowing you to navigate the sea of controls within the application. Third is allowing yourself to maximize the use of the features offered by the real estate image editing software.
Let’s face the music. Realty editor software costs money. But this is money that will generate you some more of it. Subscription fees for these applications won’t break the bank, but a good scrutiny of what you are paying for in exchange for the depth of features you can expect is important to get the most of what you are shelling out.
On being comfortable with the software, we know that the general consensus is using Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom since they have programmable shortcuts or embedded commands that make selection and execution faster with the keyboard. Some would argue that it is the location of the tools and options that make them more familiar with their movements, thus eliminating the time to search for specific selections.
Maximizing the features of the real estate image editing software could be one of the biggest tips for working quickly during enhancement. Unique to some software such as Lightroom, you could utilize the file management system to leverage on speeding up this process or perhaps using their grid view to make your review process faster. Make sure that you’ve read at least some features about the software you will buy so you can take advantage of what it has to offer more than the tools that it comes with.
Learning to Work Smarter
By this point, you might be wondering about how you will now make things faster if you have all of this cool hardware and software. Again, this is where the person matters more than the machine they have at hand.
- Time management – We’ve heard it before and we’ll say it again, time is of the essence. Getting time management to work for you will save you tons of time and also make you delight your client by delivering their images punctually and completely. Time management is basically making sure you have enough time for work and for your personal leisure, because who wants to be a slave to their jobs 24/7, right? Start by planning your day and getting rid of any procrastinating habits. Keep it lean and you’ll see what you can do in a shorter amount of time.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew – This might be tricky, but it’s one great tip for working quickly under pressure. It might come as a blessing to have a lot of clients come in and want you to work on their images. But do a self-assessment. Are you already in that scale where you can take more? Or is it just opportunity and greed that’s telling you to lunge forward and say yes? Sometimes it is better to be honest than to fake it.
These tips for working quickly might look like a daunting task, but you do not have to do them all at once. What is important is you are conscious of what you can and cannot do and start to build your capability and ability from there.
Relevant Quick Links:
- Real Estate Photo Editing
- Real Estate Image Editing
- Knowledge Base
- Real Estate Photo Editing Tips That Will Take Your Photos To The Next Level
- Picture Editing Tips to Make Your Real Estate Drone Images Noticeable