Real Estate Photo Editing Solution
for Photographers & Real Estate Tour Providers
Finish your working day at 6pm and
Let us do the rest!
The reality behind showing a furnished home is that it has to reflect all sense of liveability. There needs to be furniture to complement the room and the arrangement has to be in tune to the profiles of the target market. The concepts of interior design, proper photography, and flawless editing needs to come together to produce a stunning photo for the potential buyer to see. Now the real estate client will expect the output to be something they can use to reel in customers, and that means the photo needs to exhibit the elements of realism, vibrance, and warmth.
One of the things that are normally overlooked are television sets or monitors. It is very easy to get carried away with editing the interior for colors, brightness, and the essentials but a photographer with a good eye will spot the need for TVs and monitors overlayed early on in the photo shoot. This article will help outline the importance of real estate images’ TVs and monitors overlayed and show a simple technique to get you covered for your overlaying needs.
TVs and monitors overlayed produce a sense of activity in the room. It simulates the liveability and natural conditions a buyer can expect when they have chosen to purchase the property. Compare it to a blank screen on the television for instance, where there is nothing being shown except for the dreary reflection of lights. The television set will just be another prop that takes up space in the room. The overlay will surely add to the overall attractiveness of the room and give the potential buyer an interesting look over the listings.
The task of real estate images’ TVs and monitors overlayed may seem daunting, but you will be surprised how simple it is. It is to note as well that the process begins during the photo shoot, making sure that the end in mind is visualized for the monitors available throughout the property. Moreover, the lighting has to be taken into account as these will impact the opacity and how it reflects off the monitors. The TVs and monitors overlayed technique is something that can be considered as a foundational skill, and being able to pull this off will surely rea its benefits. A small effort to put in for a larger return on investing in this piece of work. Without further ado, here are the simple steps on how to perform the TVs and monitors overlayed technique.
1. Make sure to turn off monitors during photo shoot in order to get a good idea of the overall reflection from the screen. This step should be done as the photo shoot is conducted to see whether sources of ambient or natural light cannot be controlled. Another benefit of doing this during the execution of the shoot is that you can position the artificial lights not to drown out the entire screen of the television or monitors in the room. After all, the balance of light distribution has to be there as the image is processed.
2. Count all the monitors in the property, making sure to account for even the smallest ones such as mobile phones and make sure they serve their purpose. This means that having two television sets or more in one room can be questionable and defeats the purpose of a realistic representation.
3. Always ask the real estate client if they want to put any specific image for the TVs and monitors overlayed. Most of the time, it will be up to you to decide what to put and deciding on something that means well for the real estate client will help boost their confidence in you that you know their business very well.
4. Once you are on your computer and ready to perform the TVs and monitors overlayed technique, open your editing software. Photoshop provides the easiest set of tools to get the job done with its simple and ready to use options. Begin by zooming into the television set or monitor you wish to put an overlay on.
5. Use the polygonal lasso tool which selects an area you want to manipulate. It is very easy to use as it only requires defining the endpoints which you need to enclose in a polygon. This works perfectly with screens that are angled and unsymmetrical. You can now color in or cut out this portion based on what you prefer to do. Turning it black is one of the best recommendations to easily play around with the opacity later on.
6. Make the selected image to be used as an overlay adjustable and distortable using transform tool bar in Photoshop. This allows the image to be fitted onto the odd polygonal angle of the screen. TVs and monitors overlayed must look realistic, hence, performing fine tuning and fitting it into the screen will do wonders with the least amount of work.
7. Once you have selected one corner of the screen, drag the distortable overlay image on top of the screen and click enter to anchor that point on the screen. Select transform once again and select distort to again manipulate the image easily.
8. Lastly, have a look at how light shines on the screen’s position. Adjust the opacity using gradients (or adjust the image opacity itself) to achieve a natural look on the screen. Fade the image out if there is direct light to it look like there is a glare on top of the screen to give it that wonderful finish.
And there you have it. The TVs and monitors overlayed technique in 8 simple steps.
Real estate images’ TVs and monitors overlayed makes a huge impact in the smallest appliances. There is no doubt that the effort put into it is small compared to the effect it can have on potential buyers. Your real estate clients are sure to appreciate the work put in to make the room look livelier and vibrant with this little trick. Consider this technique a must-learn which will help pay off in a lot of ways in the future and surely get you more projects.