The Worst Mistakes You Can Experience in DIY Real Estate Photo Editing
Photographs are the initial point of contact for customer which creates the branding for the real estate business, giving it the credibility to sell in the real estate business. In this regard, reputations matter for photographers as this is a basis for getting partnerships with real estate businesses. This is largely due to the impact of your photos to their sales and the less they sell the less likely you will be called back and believe that word goes around quickly enough to make other companies avoid your services.
Table of Contents
Do-it-Yourself real estate photo editing is a skill every photographer must learn for its numerous advantages but doing it yourself must be done correctly. Real estate photo editing mistakes arise when there is lack of preparation and planning on top of incorrect editing. Remember that DIY real estate photo editing impacts a wide array of people and investing in good equipment and skills at the same time may not just save your career but also put you up in the ranks of highly skilled photographers.
Dos and Don’ts of Editing your Photos
Realty editor begins with the proper room set up before diving into your software. Knowing the dos and don’ts helps you distinguish what to do to avoid real estate photo editing mistakes. Some nitty gritty details a photographer must consider when setting up an interior space for a photo shoot may spell the difference between a good and bad photo. Bad photos may end up so disastrous that either professionally outsourced or do-it-yourself real estate photo editing may not be enough to save them which leads to lost time and money. Here is a list of tips to remember to avoid those mistakes.
- Use landscape-oriented angles – This will always go well with giving an impression of space as well as a larger portion of the room to be showcased.
- Stage and prepare the room with pleasant furniture – Put in the essentials for a specific space in the property’s interior. If the photo shoot is in the living room, appropriate furniture are a couch and coffee table which will always be a go-to-choice rather than a queen-sized bed.
- Take your time to take multiple shots of one room – Having several photos of one location inside or outside the property gives you and advantage of having choices to choose from. You can play around with lighting by adjusting your flash or controlling the amount of light coming from windows or bulbs. DIY Real Estate Photo Editing will churn out better photos when the foundations are already set to succeed.
- Invest in the proper tools – Tools encompass both your hardware and software. Buying a good camera with highly adaptable settings can give you a wide range of capabilities. Having the right flash and remote accessories will come in handy since the weather will not always cooperate with your photo shoot date. Finally, invest in a good editing software to edit your photos. A powerful software can enhance your photos and even flawlessly edit in furniture if the realtor is physically unable to.
- Do not make the space look like someone just used it – Some red flags to watch out for to avoid a major real estate photo editing mistake are wrinkly bed sheets, depressed cushions, and running television. If these things cannot be avoided in the photo shoot due to time constraints, make sure to smoothen these out in software editing.
- Do not hide the property during exterior shots – While we cannot always bring a chainsaw to chop down that annoying tree in the front yard, there are several ways to work around this. First is taking the shot from a different angle to maximize the face of the property and making the object look unnoticeable. If circumstances are unavoidable, it may be better to take it out of the picture when editing.
- Do not crop everything out – Getting overzealous with emphasizing the property might just be detrimental to the photo. Excessive cropping may take out the landscape which complements the property such as grass and bushes. A highly cropped photo will also be noticeable for people looking at listings and will not give them an idea of the surroundings of the property which might end up a deal breaker.
How Correct Photo Editing Boosts Real Estate Images
DIY real estate photo editing brings a lot of brightness and cheer into every photo that touches the emotions and interest of potential buyers. The little things matter when editing which can make or break the photo. Here is a list of how editing can boost real estate images especially for do-it-yourself real estate photo editing:
- Lighting and Color Contrast – Even with multiple photos if the photo shoot happens on a gloomy day there will not be any brightness to convey the vibrance of the room. Real estate photo editing mistakes arise when the basics of software editing are neglected.
- Using advanced techniques – DIY real estate photo editing can take time especially if you are just starting out. However, people will be able to tell if the editing used was done personally or used using stock templates from the software. Putting in your personal touch adds to your personal branding and uniqueness that others may perceive to be valuable, especially your client.
- Play around with the time of the day – There are techniques for editing that can only be done when a photo shoot happens at particular times of the day. Dusk, or the moment just after the sun sets can give a dramatic effect of twilight lighting which you can take advantage during photo editing. Twilight enhanced photos can give your potential buyers a glimpse of the beauty of their home from a different perspective.
Do-it-Yourself real estate photo editing has every advantage when learned and executed properly. It is a skill most photographers must acquire in order to boost the competitive advantage and build a good reputation in the business. While on the cusp of learning, real estate photo editing mistakes must be avoided in order to know what they are and prevent any chances of your career from being derailed. Remember the dos and don’ts and learn to explore the world of DIY real estate photo editing to maximize your experience.
Relevant Quick Links:
- Real Estate Photo Editing
- Real Estate Image Editing
- Knowledge Base
- Easy DIY Tips on Real Estate Photography Editing
- Top Free Apps for DIY Image Editing in Real Estate