10 Interesting Real Estate Photography Facts You Should Know
A fantastic picture is worth a million words.
You must produce and present the highest-quality photos you can if you want to maximize your chances of selling residential or commercial properties. It's a given. But just how important are your photos? Consider these 10 interesting facts:
1. Did you know that most property buyers (83% of them) believe that photos are crucial in helping them reach a buying decision? This is the finding of Jacky Teplitzky, Executive Vice President of Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate in New York.
2. Homebuyers spend approximately 60% of their time just looking at listing photos online. The rest of the time (40%) is spent reading the agent's description and listing details.
3. We shouldn't underestimate the power of a great photo in drawing attention. An excellent picture can command up to 20 seconds of attention, compared to only two seconds for a poorly-shot photo or no photo at all.
4. Images matter. Real estate listings with professional photography sell 32% faster than those without photos. Beautifully photographed properties spend only 89 days on the market on average. On the other hand, properties without pictures spend 123 days on the market.
5. When it comes to online views, properties with great photos enjoy 118% more views than properties without good quality images.
6. For homes in the $400,000-$500,000 range, professional real estate photos make a big difference. The homes sell 18% better in the first six months of being listed.
7. Armed with high-quality photos, you can sell a property 39% closer to its original listing price.
8. Professional listings with great photos sell up to $19,000 more.
9. Homes that employ quality photography sell for $900 to $116,000 more than homes that don't use professional real estate photography. These properties also get almost a 50% higher asking price per square foot.
10. Only 15% of properties employ professional photography.
It should be abundantly clear by now that getting professional real estate photos is a must. So using a professional real estate photographer should be a no-brainer.
PhotoAndVideoEdits.com helps real estate photographers grow and scale their businesses by providing quality realty editor with a timely turnaround (24 hours or less, guaranteed) and a custom style. Set up a Trial Account today and experience what we can do for your real estate photography business.
Relevant Quick Links:
- Real Estate Photo Editing
- Real Estate Image Editing
- Knowledge Base
- How to Prepare a Home for Real Estate Photography in 2022
- Easy Steps to Educate Yourself on Real Estate Photography with This Article