Adobe Photoshop Tools for Editing your Real Estate Photos
Being a professional photographer, your tools are only as good as the user. If everything you use is the best but the potential of it is neither maximized nor pushed to its limit, owning such aides are useless. It also implies that while money can buy the best tools and equipment, the investment will not be realized if they are not used properly. The factors that impact being a good photographer are producing the right photos with the right enhancements through real estate photo editing. It is what keeps your clients coming back and trusting you to deliver the shots they need to garner that sale.
Table of Contents
Adobe Photoshop is indeed the gold standard when it comes to real estate photo editing software. The intricacies and depth it offers is almost unmatched in comprehensiveness. Owning a subscription to this software gets the ball rolling so you can be on your way to real estate photo editing. It would be a shame to see this investment go to waste if it cannot impress the client or at the very least make a sale.
Learning the ropes might look like a tough road, but the returns will surely be gratifying. The reality behind using an Adobe real estate photo editing software is that numerous photographers use them. In fact, being the gold standard that it is, it can be found in most computers because it does get the job done and more. This only means that learning the software and maximizing its potential is the only way to start being competitive. Owning one alone is not enough to propel your photography career upward.
Adobe Photoshop Tools for Your Editing Needs
Now, there are a multitude of tools for you to use from Adobe Photoshop. This particular Adobe real estate photo editing software understands the needs of the end-user and even ensures that there are built in tools that enable you to perform at your best. There are 7 major tool categories where you can choose more specific tools to use. These are the selection, slice and crop, measurement, retouch, paint, draw, and navigation tools. Each has its own function and being able to use them hand-in-hand will produce photos like you’ve never seen before. Here are some tips from useful categories of tools that will be handy in real estate photo editing.
- Move tool (Selection) – Being easily activated with holding the CTRL key on your keyboard, the move tool is the all-essential tool to move objects around. It is designated with a cross with arrows on all four sides and will aid your movement needs. It will spring up no matter what you are doing for as long as the CTRL key is pushed and held down.
- Lasso tool (Selection) – The Lasso tool, as its name suggests, is a tool that looks like a rope used by cowboys to round up cattle. The same tool in Photoshop is used to round up an object to distinctively separate it from the image and prepare it for cutting. There are iterations to the Lasso tool called the Magnetic Lasso and Polygonal Lasso which will help depending on the shape of the object you are trying to round up.
- Crop (Slice and Crop) – The crop tool is useful in resizing the image to get rid of unwanted edges. It can help focus the subject of the image and in real estate photo editing is essential in making sure the property is focused on the center.
- Eyedropper (Measuring) – The eyedropper has a lot of uses. It basically samples a color and can then be used for several purposes. One of which is removing color casts. The eyedropper can detect the hue of color the color cast emanates. It will then analyze its color coordinates based on the CIELAB color coordinates and produce exact numbers that represent the color. Reversing these numbers using a negating sign or a negative sign will help remove the color cast.
- Healing Brush (Retouching) – While retouching is considered to be an important step in finishing real estate photo editing, the healing brush is considered the be one of the most important tools in the retouching category. The healing brush tool helps to remove blemishes and unwanted objects in the photo, making it look cleaner and a whole lot less messy.
- Clone Stamp (Retouching) – The clone stamp tool works similar to the healing brush tool. The way it works is it takes an area you wish to copy and paints the same area over the blemish, cloning the cleaner area and placing it over the selected one.
- Blur and sharpen (Retouching) – These two controls how clear or how muddled an object looks in the photo. Sharpening the photo is what you want to do in most cases as making the property look clean and clear is the ultimate goal.
- Dodge and burn (Retouching) – Probably the handiest set of tools in the retouching department, the dodge and burn tools lighten and darken specified local areas of your choice, respectively. It does a good job in mopping up after exposure and brightness levels have been corrected yet areas seem to exhibit very dark or over exposed lighting.
- Horizontal Type Tool (Draw) – Sometimes, watermarking might be needed to avoid other photographers from claiming that a photo is their work when other people actually authored it. This type tool allows you to put text onto the photo and to help brand it in ways you may think of.
An Adobe real estate photo editing software is truly a gift worth having. The advantage it brings is far more superior than what most editing software can offer. In fact, being one of the best there is, Adobe Photoshop is widely used by a lot of photographers to perform real estate photo editing. The question though is, is everyone on the same level of expertise? This, we believe, is what sets apart one photographer-realty editor from another. The techniques and ability to use the software matters in producing stunning yet unique photos that speak of the style of whoever is using it. Being able to bring yourself to a whole different level in using this Adobe real estate photo editing software will surely make you the preferred choice of real estate companies.
Relevant Quick Links:
- Real Estate Photo Editing
- Real Estate Image Editing
- Knowledge Base
- Photoshop Clipping Path Technique for Real Estate Images
- Best Photoshop Tools to Remove your Real Estate Photo Background